Curious about where you fall on the Introvert-Extrovert Spectrum?
Answer “true” or “false” to each of these 20 questions, choosing the answer that applies to you more often than not. This is a scientifically validated personality test.
The questions were formulated based on characteristics of introversion often accepted by contemporary researchers.
1. ______ I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities.
2. ______ I often prefer to express myself in writing.
3. ______ I enjoy solitude.
4. ______ I seem to care about wealth, fame, and status less than my peers.
5. ______ I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
6. ______ People tell me that I’m a good listener.
7. ______ I’m not a big risk-taker.
8. ______ I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions.
9. ______ I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
10. ______ People describe me as“soft-spoken” or “mellow.”
11. ______ I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it’s finished.
12. ______ I dislike conflict.
13. ______ I do my best work on my own.
14. ______ I tend to think before I speak.
15.______ I feel draìned after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself.
16. ______ I often let calls go through to voicemail.
17. ______ If you had to choose, I’d prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
18. ______ I don’t enjoy multitasking.
19. ______ I can concentrate easily.
20. ______ In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
But even if you answered every single question as an introvert or extrovert, that doesn’t mean that your behavior is predictable across all circumstances. We can’t say that every introvert is a bookworm or every extrovert wears lampshades at parties any more than we can say that every woman is a natural consensus-builder and every man loves contact sports.
As Jung felicitously put it, “There is no such thing as a pure extrovert or a pure introvert. Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum.”
(GS Exports Limited)
(TopSHABAB™ Retailing Limited)
* * *